How do I configure the SwiftModders Blesta Theme Installer?
Now that you have completed the installation of the SwiftModders Blesta Theme Installer plugin, you can adjust global areas of the plugin that will give you greater control in your Blesta Themes. This article will walk you through what's possible:
Accessing the Theme Installer plugin settings
You can access the plugin settings by visiting the Blesta admin panel and logging in with your admin credentials. Once logged in, look for the "Theme Installer" navigation item and click on it.
Once the Theme Installer has loaded, you will be able to click on the "Settings" option in the right-hand corner of the Theme Installer:
You've made your way to the "Settings" area of the Theme Installer plugin. Now let's break down each option to understand better what they could do for you.
Understanding the Theme Installer plugin settings
- Enable Debug? - A custom display box will be displayed at the bottom of your theme and plugin pages when enabled. This display will contain a collection of set variables that Blesta and the theme uses. Do not enable this option in any production environment.
- Enable Logs? - When enabled, error logging for specific plugin functions will be generated. Your Blesta installation has a specific logs folder defined in "Settings" > "System" > "General" > "Basic Setup" > "Log Directory". Do not enable this option in any production environment.
- Font Awesome API Token - If you have a Font Awesome account and utilize their kits deployment system, you can define your Font Awesome API token here.
- Font Awesome Kit Token - This is the kit token generated when creating a Font Awesome kit under your account.
- Enable Cookie Message? - A cookie message bar will be displayed on your themes when enabled.
Enabling Font Awesome Pro icons
Notice: All SwiftModders Blesta Themes support Font Awesome 5 at this time. Attempting to utilize Font Awesome 6 will result in your icons breaking.
The SwiftModders Blesta Theme Installer plugin will allow you to use Font Awesome Pro, but you need to enable it through your Font Awesome account. Follow the below steps to enable it to:
1. Log in to your Font Awesome account
Visit the Font Awesome website and locate the "Sign In" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the website.
Once the page loads, input your login credentials or sign up for a new account.
2. Visit your account page and grab your Font Awesome API token
After logging into your Font Awesome account, be sure to click on the "Account" icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Font Awesome website. You'll see a section called "API Token." You can either generate your token or copy an existing token for the first time.
Save the API token in a secure location. Next, we'll set up a new Font Awesome kit to generate a kit token.
3. Create a new Font Awesome kit and grab the kit token
To access the Font Awesome "Kits" section, you can click on the "Kits" menu item in the header of the Font Awesome website.
Once the "Kits" section has loaded, you will see a list of all the kits you've created. You may already have a kit that you want to use, but if not, you will need to click on the "New Kit" button to get started.
Font Awesome will automatically generate the kit with some default settings. We must customize these settings to ensure they work with any of your Blesta Themes. Look for the "Settings" option in the "Kit" menu to access the kit options.
Once loaded, you will see a handful of options you can adjust. First, I would recommend changing the name of the Kit to something that makes sense for its usage, but before you do, copy the current name, which represents your kit token. Now let's make some additional customizations.
- Icons - If you have access to the "Pro" icons, you should enable that option. It gives you greater flexibility to select a wide range of icon styles.
- Technology - Always select "Web Font." None of the Blesta Themes by SwiftModders support the SVG technology.
- Domains - Be sure to add your domain name to avoid malicious users leeching off your impressions.
- Version - At this time, only v5 is supported. Please ensure that v5 has been selected.
- Features - Conflict Detection would not be necessary on any of these Blesta Themes.
Once you've made the necessary changes to the kit settings, click on the "Save Changes" button to apply them. It can take about 5-10 minutes for your kit data to update if this kit is already in use.
4. Add the Font Awesome API token and Kit token to the plugin settings
Now that you have the Font Awesome API token and Kit token, you will need to supply these credentials to the SwiftModders Blesta Theme Installer plugin. If you're not already logged into your Blesta Admin, please do so and click on the "Theme Installer" menu item. Once loaded, click on the "Settings" menu item in the Theme Installer. You should now be on the plugin settings for the Theme Installer.
Input the proper values into the "Font Awesome API Token" and "Font Awesome Kit Token" fields. Next, click the "Save Settings" buttons to trigger the Font Awesome integration. In the background, the plugin will reach out to the Font Awesome API and pull in the icons you have access to.
Congrats! You've completed the Font Awesome Pro integration. You should see "Pro" icons available in the Font Awesome Selector functionality.
Customizing and translating the cookie message
The "Cookie Message" feature in the plugin settings is a great way to inform your customers of how you're using cookies. It may be necessary for you to adjust the language of the cookie message to match your multi-lingual requirements. To adjust and translate the cookie message copy, you will need to visit the following folder:
There will be a folder labeled "en_us" in this folder. If you're looking to translate the cookie message, you must copy this folder and change the name to one of the many Blesta supported languages. Inside the folder will be a file called "swiftmodders_blesta_theme_installer.php. You can edit this file and change the cookie message language to the correctly translated text:
Congrats! You've translated/adjusted the cookie message copy.